Thursday, March 3, 2011

My first post & timeline!

Hi Everyone! I figured it was about time for me to create a blog..especially after reading/stalking other blogs on a daily basis.I am currently nominated to go to Africa for HIV/AIDS outreach leaving in May or June 2011. Here is my timeline, sorry that I don't have all the exact dates.

October 2010-started & finished the application process
November 4th 2010-interview
November 26th-nomination.
December 11th-received medical kit
January 24th-mailed in medical kit
February 2nd- Peace Corps received my medical kit
February 8th-Dental Clearance
March 2nd -Got a voicemail from my PC nurse stating they received the results from my recent pap and I will hear about my medical clearance within the next 2 weeks, so now I just wait..again.
June 5th-Phone interview and invitation!!

So now I have some questions, I hope they aren't dumb questions. I read these blogs of volunteers in Africa who have no electricity etc..my questions are how are they posting their blogs? I do realize that in some places you can go to the nearest town that has an Internet cafe. How are they charging their computers? Do solar chargers work on computers? I have been "in my mind" preparing for these living conditions so I was just wondering. Please help! PS. I have never ever blogged before and my grammar is not always amazing, so I apologize in advance!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Welcome to the blogosphere and Peace Corps Journals! I'm from Cleveland (I see you're in Columbus) and just started my blog, too, last month. ALSO my nomination is for Sub-Saharan Africa June 2011 Health Extension (probably HIV/AIDS or women's health)--it'd be crazy if we were placed together! I just received medical clearance last week and sent Placement my updated resume. Now I'm waiting that 4-6 weeks to hear about an Invitation. Patience to us both! Happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete