Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pole sana bro! Mama yako, sasa nini.

 Hi everyone! SO,I got to my site about 2 weeks ago and it still seeems pretty surreal. My vil is huge! I still have not seen it all. I live right beside a clinic where I help weigh babies and will eventually give nutrition presentations to the Mamas. It's really beautiful with the picture perfect sky and rolling hills. My village has a huge water prblem though. I went to see the "river"where people get water and it's all sand with people digging holes to find water...and it's about 3 miles away from the vil, so that is some serious water choting. That is definatly a potential project for me. I drink coffee a few times a week with the wazee
 I already got a house girl. I swear to you ,I can sweep my house 5 times a day and still have a layer of dirt but she sweeps once it it's SO clean, and she gets my laundry cleaner then I ever could. Plus, she is going to ue the money I pay her to for secondary school so its a win win situation. My house is pretty safi for a PCV house. I lucked out. I am uploading pics as we speak but the computer is really slow. I'll probably only manage to get a few up... so pole sana bro.
It was really wierd to be away from my family for Christmas. I met up with about 7 other volunteers and we ha a blast, but it still wasnt the same as being with family. Right now I am in Moshi for New Years It's pretty safi here & I can see Mt. Kili. I am out of time! I'll upate more soon.
Love,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment