Friday, December 2, 2011

Where am I going to live the next 2 years??

Dodoma!! Yeah, we had site announcements last week and I am headed to Kondoa, Dodoma my village is called Mondo....I am stoked! You can google it. This week I am also shadowing a current volunteer in Mpwapwa Dodoma. Its beautiful! I feel like I am in Lion King land. It does get really hot but since it is desert it's dry heat which is much better then the 200% humidity in Tanga (where we have been training the last month and a half). I will also have electricity! I was not expecting that at all! I will also live right next to a clinic and a primary school. I will probably be teaching health, weighing babies & possible some nutrition and water stuff. I'll know more about what exactly I'll be doing after the first 3 months. The first 3 I basically get to know my village, find out where to get food and water and just get integrated. Then we have IST (in service training) for a week, THEN I go back to my  village and get started on work.

 So more on this shadowing week- The guy I am shadowing is pretty amazing. Honestly all the current PCVs I have met are fantastic. We have had yummy food all week like hummus, black bean burgers, pancakes and pasta. It's good to get out and learn about the projects he has/is doing,see his relationship with the village and learn about the issues he has. One of the biggest issues in Dodoma is water.The first 2 days we had enough for drinking water and coffee (of course), but not enough for bucket bathing. Then, on the 3rd day like 4 people brought over buckets of water, I have never been so happy to bathe.Right now we are in Dodoma town meeting up with the other volunteers/shadowers in the area. This is going to be my banking town so I am excited to check it out. So far I know there is ice cream,street coffee, burgers, pizza, chicken, swimming and miniature golf. I'm not complaining.

 I go back to Tanga on Sunday & have one more week of training then we head to Dar to swear in (super excited to see the dress I had made) then I'll be off to site!!! I am ready for site but man am I going to miss my training & CBT group. I don't want to think to much about leaving them just yet. Next time I will post pics!! I promise, maybe.
-I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment